Top Reasons Why You Should Choose Boster's IHC Mounting Media - By: Immuno Staining
The term IHC stands for Immunohistochemistry and after immunochemical staining, IHC Mounting Media is widely used to adhere a coverslip to a cell smear or tissue section. Mounting media are important for preserving the specimen during storage and staining from physical damage as well as for enhancing image quality during microscopy. Using the right mounting medium is very important to preserve your precipitable enzyme substrates in tissue sections or histochemical stains or cell preparations. IHC mounting media also plays an essential role in improving the contrast and clarity of an image during microscopy. Boster antibody and ELISA experts provide mainly two types of mounting mediums such as permanent mounting medium and AQ Aqueous mounting medium.
Boster’s Permanent Mounting Medium:
• Also called as Non-aqueous mounting medium
• Low toxicity, odourless and xylene and toluene free
• This is resin based
• Compatible with most alkaline phosphatase (AP) and horseradish peroxidase (HRP) substrates
• Viscosity formulated for uniform spreading and easy application
• This type of mounting medium dries clear with a refractive index ideal for high-resolution oil immersion microscopy.
Boster’s Aqueous Mounting Medium:
• It is the hard setting aqueous mounting medium
• Used to immobilize coverslip over section tissues in immunocytochemical staining.
• Simple to use a mounting medium which requires no mixing
• Preserves the clarity and colour of enzymes abstracts whose reaction products are soluble in various organic solvents such as alcohol.
• Stained sections mounted with Boster's aqueous mounting medium can be stored in a slide box at room temperature for at least two years without any fading issues.
The aqueous mounting medium at Boster is designed for the sealing of cell smears and tissues with almost 30% glycerine and 2% gelatine. The product comes in the size of 10ml X5 enough for 800-1200 assays and it is suitable for chromogens which can be easily dissolved in organic solvents such as Fast Red, AEC, BCIP/NBT. One of the best features of this mounting medium is it is ready to use a liquid and simplified protocol that is used for sealing of immunocytochemical staining and tissues. After sealed, you can store the slide at room temperature and it is also very easy to operate with little reagent consumption. And to avoid the air bubbles, cover the slide with a coverslip.
At Boster, along with mounting media, our team of highly experienced experts also offer a wide range of other products in our immunohistochemistry section which includes chromogenic substrates, counterstains, proteolytic enzymes, blocking reagents, buffers and diluents, Cell Climbing Slices, slides and Pascal strips. We provide the complete cell climbing slices fixation procedure in simple steps, so if you want to learn about this procedure in detail then visit our website. For more details and other information to know about Boster antibody and ELISA experts please visit our website here: https://immunostaining.info/
Article Source :
Author Resource :
Immuno Staining is author of this article. For more details about Cell Climbing Slices, visit our website https://immunostaining.info