The ribbons were an important part of decorations since the middle ages. Reportedly, England and the rest of the Europe would import these beautiful pieces of decorations from the Middle East for various applications. It would vary as per the need, which may be about decorating a place, household items, clothing or any other purpose. However, it is no more a mark of luxury or nobility because it is easily available for everyone and that too at affordable prices.
Happy with the quality of holiday ribbon production, many manufacturers have included modern designers in their units to bring out various exclusive designs. For that reason, we can see there is no dearth of variety in the ribbons at all. Basically, two categories are popular, which include the woven and non-woven ribbons. Similarly, the ribbons are also classified based on the materials they are made of.
Notably, the online world has an exemplary collection to offer as compared to their brick-and-mortar counterparts. In terms of quality, quantity and price, the online shops offer more privileges than the marketplaces. Here’s what the buyers should know about:
1. Type – With the available types of materials for ribbon, one would definitely get confused to choose from. Seriously, there is cotton, grosgrain, plaid sheer, reversible, taffeta, satin, wired and printed ribbon types, if we were to mention only a few. Recently, the metallic and metallic edge types were popular for their sturdy and shiny appearance.
2. Size – Since these ribbons are available in spools, one need to check out the detailed description shown on the website. For example, a printed grosgrain robbin could measure around 1 yard or more. Quite a number of people do not have that much requirement and that is why they do not focus on the quantity shown on the website.
3. Patterns – We can say that people’s preferences have changed over the years, but they are more particular in every individual type. One could check out the patterns suitable for the occasion. Suppose, there’s a birthday party of a kid, then one could select the ribbons with comic or entertaining characters on it. It is about exploring the available range of options.
4. Prices – Seeing the visually similar varieties, one may assume that a Chevron ribbon would cost the same with they another type. Nevertheless, the prices would differ based on several factors, which include: materials, patterns, sizes, quality, utility and so on. Besides, a buyer shouldn’t stop checking out different sites that sell the same product. It gives an idea for comparison.
5. Reviews – It remains to be seen on how serious the online buyers are with respect to their purchase. A review or feedback is critical for a purchasing process and the shoppers need to understand this. Several websites do not provide previews because they could be a new venture or do not have such options. In that case, one must ask for references of the previous buyers.
The above tips could prove useful for ribbon buyers.
Michael Ryan has written about several decoration needs in an event. He writes about the holiday ribbon that got very popular recently. Similarly, he highlights the exclusive Chevron ribbon and printed ribbon types and their utility in different kinds of embellishments too.