Sometimes, you run out of clothes to wear even if you already have two closets full of clothes. But men shouldn't worry since there are no strict trends to follow, except of course the obvious overly-stylish ones with elaborate details. Just make sure you know how to mix and match and you will be all set. From first dates to scoring your dream job, there is no need to fret about the impression people make about you.
1. Long-sleeved button-down polo shirt. Wear this on a bit formal meetings and such. Iron it to look neat and tidy. You will look professional. Just opt for ones in light colors to make you look clean and crisp. But when you're wearing this under a suit jacket, you may choose darker colors which will complement the whole ensemble.
2. Polo shirts. They aren't only for country club events. You may wear them when you want to look prim and proper but with a hint of casualness because of the fabric. Again, pick the ones in lighter colors. You may also opt for stripes.
3. Tank tops. They look best when you have a nice body to show off. But don't even think of showing off your body in important events. In formal affairs, especially if it's business, don't ever wear tank tops, unless you want to get rid of the client or you want to lose your job. Try layering them with a floral short-sleeved button-down polo shirt in summer.
4. T-shirts. There are a lot of designs to choose from. Graphic tees may make you look like a cool rock star, the town's comic or the boy-next-door. It all depends on how you wear them or what you wear them with. Just be yourself.
5. Vests. Depending on the style and the kind of fabric, you could look like the shy geeky type or the cowboy who comes just too strong. Find the balance. It all depends on how you carry yourself, anyway.
6. Pants. Denim jeans are great when you're out and about. Choose ones in soft fabric to allow extended movements but never wear them to the office. Black slacks are a must-have, especially on special or strictly formal occasions. Khakis are great, especially if you are still in school. They are a great alternative for jeans. Shorts or cropped pants will look great if you want to look casual and laid-back. The ones that have floral prints on them will only work on the beach.
7. Foot-wear. Black leather shoes are only good for the office. Don't wear them too much; they aren't really designed for walking a lot. Use sneakers instead. Sneakers are good on casual events. They may even work in formal events when worn with a suit jacket, graphic tee and distressed jeans. Sandals are somehow the sophisticated kind of flip-flops so they may be your alternative to sneakers. Rubber flip-flops are best worn at the beach.
8. Accessories. Sometimes, all you need is a necklace to complete your ensemble of a crisp white shirt, jeans and sneakers. You may also go for bracelets, but a watch is more efficient. Gold watches look more formal and sophisticated than silver watches. But then again, silver watches are more striking since gold ones tend to look old. As for sunglasses, aviators are your best bet, but first, consult your face shape. If you always carry a lot of things with you, messenger bags are good options. Though somehow men who tote shoulder bags or bring hand bags with them may look okay right now, it's always safe to stick to the usual since a trend will usually just die away.