Despite the fact that people all over the world are developing ways and means for people to help reduce weight and billions of dollars are spent in research and development on weight loss diets, still many people are considered overweight and obese.
With all this attention given to body weight, health consciousness, and experts pursuit in giving people who are overweight their ideal body weight, still there is an alarming increase in eating disorders, health problems that are complications of being obese, which are increasing in an alarming speed.
This condition not only affects the adult population but it can be greatly seen in the younger generation as well. This is because of the lifestyle changes that are seen and practiced in every household. This generation is becoming more sedentary and fond of foods that are beyond the normal serving portion. Coupled with inactivity and huge amount of food serving one cannot help but increase its weight. This has prompted health and nutrition experts to look at the existing issues regarding weight and come up with dieting tips that both young and old can do to lose weight.
Dieting tips that can help shed off the pounds permanently.
1. Chose the right kind of foods, know your food pyramid this will guide you what to eat more and what to consume less if you want a healthy food choices.
2. Eat five servings of fruit and vegetables in a day. This will give you all the fibers, vitamins and minerals, and anti-oxidants that the body needs to fight diseases. In addition, the sugar in the fruits natural this will be able to maintain the blood sugar level of your body.
3. Chose carbohydrates that are healthy and rich in fibers, example are wheat bread, corn, peanuts, oatmeal, and other legumes.
4. Eat breakfast and do not skip meals or go on a fasting diet. Breakfast is the most vital meal of the day. It fuels your body for work at the start of the day. Fasting on the other hand do not contribute to weight loss, it only stores your fat more because the body's needs to keep the vital organs running, so when you fast of skip meals your body sheds muscles and water not fat.
5. It is also healthy if you practice to eat low calorie, low salt and low fat diets, and food. Meaning avoid too much salty foods like chips and other junk foods, foods that are high in calories and saturated fats like cakes and pastries, burgers and French fries. Avoid fried foods, remove the chicken skin, and avoid other too much fatty foods. This will not only help you lower your weight but also help in maintaining low blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels, diabetes and other diseases.
6. Make it a habit to eat small but frequent meals in a day. It is advisable to eat five to six healthy meals in a day. This will keep your body's glycemic index at a normal rate, prevent you from being starved, and lower your sugar levels. Through this, you will be able to maintain your energy level within the day. Do not forget to drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated.
7. Do not be rigid in dieting. It is important to indulge yourself for a treat once in awhile, just be mindful of the portion you are eating.
There are tons of dieting tips that you can follow, which will permanently help you lose weight. Just remember that dieting alone do not work alone weight loss is best achieved with exercise that fits your lifestyle. Dieting and having a healthy lifestyle is a commitment to change for the better.