People all over the world are becoming fatter and heavier at an alarming speed. In fact, statistics shows that the rapid increases in the number of people who are becoming overweight and obese are now pandemic.
The most alarming fact is the number of deaths that are associated with being overweight and obese.
According to experts, this condition affects not only adults but also children all over the world. This is due to poor diet, physical inactivity, and fondness of people in calorie-laden foods, super-sized meals, drinks, and greasy foods. People who are overweight and obese are more prone to develop health problems such as heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea, increase cholesterol levels, and other forms of cancer.
The good news is that these threats can be prevented. People that are obese or overweight can delay the onset of health complications, with a little diet modification and some changes. In fact, studies shows even 5 to 10 percent of weight loss can delay the onset of this his health complications.
The proper way of losing weight is having the right attitude and setting an achievable goal.
These are the components of losing weight:
1. Set your goals. Target only what is ideal for your height and body structure. The ideal pounds that dieters can loss in a week is 1 - 2 pounds per week. Drastically losing weight is not good for your heart and body. You loose more of your muscles and not the stored fats in the body.
2. Lifestyle modification is another factor when trying to lose weight. A small amount of change can go along way in your goal of losing weight. Add fun activities that you can incorporate in your daily activities, like walking your dog around the block, walking in the park, walking to the nearby grocery store instead of taking your car, taking the stairs if you are going three floors up or down. This small things will keep you mobile and keep the heart rate going, in due time you will see a great difference.
3. Exercise, keep moving and burn those calories off. Cardiovascular exercises are good to increase your stamina. While fat burning exercise like cross-training exercises, interval exercises are workouts that targets every muscle group in the body. Developing these muscles will increase your metabolism and increase the rate of your body to utilize those stored fats and turn it into energy that your muscles need and even while you are resting, you are burning more calories.
4. Eat sensibly and smart. Diet and exercise goes hand-in-hand, one can never work without one. Eating smart is choosing the right kinds of food. Today, there are an abundance of healthy foods that you can choose from, from low calorie desserts, chocolates, low fat meals and drinks, now abounds in the market today. The choices of food to prepare when you are trying to lose weight does not have to be bland, there are exciting dishes and recipes that you can prepare. Make sure that is filled with fibers, fruits, vegetables, and drink lots of water. This will make you feel instantly full and satiated.
5. Keep a diary of all the food you eat, together with your program. This will help you keep track of your progress and you will be able to address the weak points in your regimen.
One of the secrets of being successful in losing weight effectively is to have fun and enjoy what you are doing. This way you will not see the activities as a tasks but you will see this as your lifestyle and in the end, the reward will be a healthy body.