If you are in the thought process of creating an online business, it is worth knowing the basic steps involved. To help you, consider the following steps involved in creating an online business.
1. Consider a small niche. A niche is a specific group of people that have a similar interest in something. It is not an industry. When choosing a niche you want a specific niche to target, within an industry, that still has profit potential. For example, if you are interested in cooking then non-bake desserts would be a good niche choice. Be sure you decide on a niche that you have an interest in and is in demand.
2. Keyword research: You need to do keyword research before you choose your niche and continuously after. Keyword research lets you know what words and phrases search engine users are typing in to find the information and products they are looking for. Someone looking for non-bake desserts might type in: no bake dessert recipes, non baking dessert, or easy no bake dessert recipe.
The more targeted your keyword the greater chance you have of drawing in buyers in your target niche. Its important that you do keyword research because its with these words that you will, create content, advertise with and will reflect your domain name.
3. Choose a domain name: Your domain should host some of your keywords so it shows up in search engines. When someone is doing a search for sites about non-baking desserts, having those keywords in your domain name will bring up your site in the results.
You wont always be able to get the domain name you want when creating an online business, so you need to have several in mind and be creative. Play around with keywords and see what you come up with.
4. Offer something of value: Your site has to have something to offer browsers immediately upon arriving. In the case of the non bake dessert website you can create videos of you preparing desserts, write how to articles, or even create an ebook loaded with easy non bake dessert recipes. Whatever it is it has to be of value to the browser in order to entice them to stay. This is called preselling your visitors.
5. Create a list: To make money online you need to have an ever growing list of subscribers. Someone with a non bake website could write a weekly ezine where they would offer a new recipe each week. People interested in no bake recipes would then subscribe in order get the latest recipe.
Having a list lets you place any products and services you have in front of your subscribers as often as you want, increasing your chances of making a sale.
6. Look for monetization methods: Your next step is to look for ways to generate an income with your site. You can write an ebook to sell, sell DVDs of you preparing the recipes, hook up with affiliate programs that offer products and services relating to your niche, and charge other business to advertise on your website and ezine. The more monetization methods your site has the more youll make, and because most methods are hands free you can easily run more than one.
7. Drive traffic and network: The only way you will make money creating an online business is to drive scores of traffic to your website. Most likely you want at least 30 unique visitors a day. To do this, consider driving traffic generation methods such as article marketing, pay per click advertising and free online ad boards. You can also create a contest to draw attention to your site. For example, the best non bake cookie recipe wins a free ebook.
You also want to connect and network with those who would be interested in your niche: A non bake dessert website owner could network with stay at home parents, baking hobbyists, grandparents and those that run programs for kids.
To find people within your target market, look and connect with people in forums and social networking sites.
Above are some of the basic steps in creating an online business, to help you work through the process of setting up your own online business.
The NichePowerGroup teaches anyone how to make money online in niche affiliate marketing. Visit their online business mentoring website to learn how you can go from making nothing to a full-time income 12 months or less. Niche Affiliate Marketing