Sending a real estate email newsletter to your past clients can be a great and inexpensive way to maintain strong client relationships.
Many agents find creating a monthly newsletter time consuming and frustrating. This article will show you how to drastically reduce the time it takes to create your newsletter and help you make your emails get your clients' attention.
Step 1: How To Create a Real Estate Email Newsletter Fast!
Many agents don't send out monthly emails to past clients because they are under the misconception that creating the newsletter will take hours out of their day - time their busy schedule just can't afford.
The truth is, using one of the popular online email programs available, agents can create a professional, useful newsletter in under 30 minutes. You simply need a couple ideas for content to plug into the many real estate email templates available.
Here are ideas we use for content every month. Go over this list each month and you'll have more than enough information to fill your monthly newsletter:
1. Market Stats: Past clients love a quick update on what their market is doing. Most local MLS companies provide this info for now charge. Don't get too complicated. Homeowners want to see sales prices, market conditions etc. Show them how many homes sold, how many were listed, etc. The stats are easy to come by and you clients will open your real estate email newsletter just to see the stats.
2. Mortgage Rates: Your clients' mortgage is most likely their largest monthly expenditure. They are always interested in what the latest rates are./ Should they refinance? Should they think about buying now?
3. New Listings: Put in any new listing you have. Don't have any? Ask other agents in your office if you can advertise one of their. Agents love the extra exposure and clients love seeing what's on the market.
4. Stupid Stories: Brighten their day. Did you have a crazy showing? See a strange home? People love to hear off the wall stories. Make sure it's real estate related and they will remember the crazy story and that it came from you. If you're story is good enough, they may tell someone they know, or better yet forward your real estate email newsletter to one of their friends!
Step 2: Make Your Real Estate Email Newsletter Great!
Now that you have plenty of ideas for our newsletter, here are the extras that can give you HUGE results!
1. Make sure your newsletter has numerous links:
- Give clients the option to search for homes on your website with a quick link.
- Give clients the ability to forward the newsletter to their friends and family. If you have a good listing, market stats, etc, your client will want to forward your newsletter. This is the best advertising you can get!
2. Make sure your contact information is easy to find:
- Your email, phone number and web address should be at the top and bottom of your newsletter.
- Your email address should be in every section with a caption reading "Need more info? Got questions? Email me at:"
3. Use a professional email newsletter company. These services cost less than $10 a month and help you in a number of big ways:
-The time you can save using real estate email templates is enormous. Just copy and paste and you're done!
-All of these programs ensure you comply with all spam laws and regulations
-Using professional real estate email templates gives you a professional look that will impress your clients and can make you look like a real pro.
Sending out a monthly real estate email newsletter can be the most cost effective marketing you can create. Do it right and the time you spend creating the newsletter can be the most profitable half hour of your month.
What are you waiting for? Get started!
My Real Estate team closes well over 100 transactions a year and maintains strong client relationships through a monthly real estate email newsletter. We keep a Real Estate Coupon and Review Website up to date to help other real estate agents manage costs for their marketing expenses.