The nice guy syndrome is a plague that has tormented and ruined the lives of many men. This may sound like overkill to you but it is real and must be stopped. The nice guy syndrome is a disease affecting perfectly normal man, in any country of any race or religion. This nice guy illness attacks the heart and brain of a normal guy convincing him he has to overly sensitive, helpful, accommodating, patient and spend money in order to date and get sex with attractive women.
The side effects associated with this condition include, reduced bank balances due to spending on women, feelings of helplessness and confusion as nice guys wonder why they still are not having sex. The condition also has an effect on women, sending out some invisible shield that makes her place nice guys in the safe, "just friends" zone, further preventing the nice guy from having sex. To make matters even worse the nice guy, looses self-confidence and feels the only way to get a woman is by spending more and giving more, further sinking him into a repeating cycle of doom.
Thankfully guys there is not just a treatment for nice guy syndrome, there is a cure! Several techniques existing for curing this date wrecking condition and giving you the power you want in a relationship. To fully break free of the nice guy problem men should:
Stop dating: Not for forever, not even for any extended period of time, just one week. Just enough time to complete the steps mentioned here and put them to use in your life.
Field observations: One of the best ways to research a problem is too do a little real life surveillance. Though you are not actively looking to hook up you will be looking for attractive women and noticing what guys come up to them and what happens. Does she reject a guy immediately? Walk away? Turn her head if he attempts to make eye contact?
Pay attention to the guys who approach the girls: To figure out why a guy was rejected or given a girl's phone number, pay attention to his approach. His clothes, hair, charm, smile, body language and conversation skills could be working for him or turning her off. Try this at several different locations to get an accurate understanding of what happens, bars, clubs, restaurants, parties, stores, anywhere that a large number of women and man happen to be.
Compile your research
Look at the results you wrote down to start understanding which guys suffer from nice guy syndrome, you will probably notice several common traits they seem to have in confidence.
- Body language: Though they are approaching a woman and asking her out, their body language is actually closed off. Walking with arms hunched up to the neck, eyes and head down are not attractive and comes across as a lack of real interest in the woman.
- Nerves: The main symptom of nice guy syndrome is a high case of nerves. Making him flush red and practically swallow his tongue when speaking to gorgeous women. Of course, the nice guy rarely speaks to the girl of his dreams since he is unable to close the deal and actually ask her out.
- Self Doubt: Nice guys never have any confidence in their ability to attract women, often saying they don't find themselves attractive and stating that they don't think a woman would ever be willing to date them. This can also be seen in what types of women they choose to ask out. Nice guys tend to settle for average girls too afraid too ask out the smoking hot girls they see at the bar.
Start dating again
Now that you have learned the effects of the nice guy syndrome, your goal is to date in the real world and learn from the examples of the guys who showed confidence in themselves when dating women.
- Body language: Stand up straight guys you deserve to have any woman in the room. Make eye contact and do not back down, smile and flirt when you approach.
- Talk: You do not have to be Einstein when talking to a woman just the ability to speak in complete sentences and talk about something. Pick a topic and naturally discuss it with her, charm her and keep her laughing.
- Act like you believe in yourself: Throwing yourself out their in the dating world after being the nice guy can take a little adjustment period. If you don't yet feel like you deserve to date the hot girls or feel out of place, just suck it up. No one has to know if you lack confidence unless you tell them. Fake it until you start to believe it and overcome the nice guy syndrome.