Every guy knows the tale of the tortoise and the hare. The boastful and mean spirited hare thinks he is better and faster than everyone around him is, so he challenges the slow tortoise to a race. Of course the cocky hare is winning at the beginning so he, sure that the tortoise could never beat him in a race takes a break in the shade.
The strong and smart tortoise however, does not give up. He keeps on going and as he approaches the finish line, the hare wakes up and starts to race towards the end. Of course it's too late and the tortoise "slow but steady" actually wins! You are probably thinking the tale of the tortoise and the hare is a great moral for young children, but does it have any significance to dating? I think it does.
Nice guys finish last, a statement we have all probably said a hundred times. Especially when we see a cocky guy walk up to the women we were just about to approach, but instead of walking up ourselves we give up. Guys we still have a lot to learn from the tortoise and here are seven simple lessons directly from his expertise:
1. Be brave: When the tortoise was racing the hare, nice guys finish last had to be going through his mind. Everyone thought he was being unrealistic and setting himself up for failure by even racing against the hare, what he proved however is that winners make their own luck. There are no guarantees and having looks, speed, money or whatever other advantage that your rival has does not mean you still cannot win the ultimate prize, the girl you want.
2. Keep applying yourself: Dating is a just like running a race, it can be equally bitter and sweet, but if you give up you can never win, you just made it that much easier for the other guy. Practicing is never a bad idea, once you lock eyes with the girl you want, take just a few seconds to plan your approach then make a move.
3. Move ahead: The turtle not only won the race; he kept on going through incredible odds against him. A rejection or two should not deter you from asking out the perfect girl for you. Most women are appreciative of a man who has the courage to step up and let her know he wants a relationship and when you step up nice guys finish last no more!
4. Have some self-confidence: I have seen and heard it all and sometimes I even said it myself. There is no such thing as not being good enough to date or thinking you have to look a certain way or have a huge bank account. What you have to have is confidence. There are guys who are dating successes who do not even have jobs or a car. Meaning their is no reason why you cannot be just as successful as they are.
5. Do not let others stop you: Dating troubles can often be traced to other sources of friction in your life. If your are the type of guy who always relies on the advice and opinion of others that might be the biggest problem. You have to have confidence in your choices and ability to pick a woman who is right for you. Just because your friends do not think a certain woman is right for you, this is their problem not yours.
6. Be steady: Nice guys finish last because they do not have emotional strength, the ability to resist and remain strong in their actions and deeds regardless of everyone around them. To remake your dating life you have to believe you deserve to have sex with the hottest smartest women on the planet. You should be the type of guy who is able to stay in control, being unable to be intimidated or scared. This way the girl you like will appreciate and respect your strength.
7. Show integrity: Sadly, honesty seems to be overrated when dating, and nice guys finish last many times because they have integrity and do not understand how their honesty can be a trait that brings women to them instead of turning them away. No matter what you may have heard, women do not want to be told lies or hurt in a relationship. You can start being honest from the moment you speak to a girl, tell her how attractive you find her, there is no power lost in letting a woman know she turns you on. Be honest with her about your expectations in a relationship as well, women are attracted to man who are upfront about what they want.