But I hate exercise, you say. Are the pants fitting tighter than usual, so the pooch is hanging over the waistband? If so, you probably havent been getting the exercise needed to let the muscles hold it in tight and remove the extra few inches of excess fat at the same time. Now, before you start thinking, I dont have time-you need to take at look at these 9 great exercises to beat belly fat.
For less than an hour a week-twice a week, 20 minutes a set, you can tighten up that belly and a few other muscles while you are at it. We arent going to talk about the same old sit-ups or crunches. There are three different levels, beginner, intermediate and advanced to get you started and advance as you feel like it.
Well start with the beginner exercises. All three of these involve: START POSITION with your feet about hip width apart:
1. Lunge twist-With knees slightly bent, elbows bent 90 degrees to hips, lunge forward with your right leg and rotate torso and arms to right, rotate back to center as you push off right foot to start, Alternate sides, do 16 reps.
2. Step Hop-With Hands on hips, step forward with the right foot and lift left knee to hip level as you hop straight up on the right leg, land with feet together, alternate, do 16 reps.
3. Shot Put-Bend right elbow to put hand by ear, with left arm straight out at shoulder level. Lunge to right with the right leg and rotate torso to the right. Push off right foot to stand, pivoting to the left, as you do, extend right arm diagonally, (like throwing a shot), alternating sides, do 16 reps.
Once you feel comfortable with this routine after a week or two, you may feel you are ready to start on the Intermediate work-out. These also are START POSITION, feet apart about hip width.
4. Lunge Reach-With knees slightly bent and arms by sides, lunge forward with the
left leg, bending both knees 90 degrees and reach arms toward the floor. Explosively push off left leg to return to starting position and lift your arms overhead. Do 8 reps, switch sides and repeat 8 reps.
5. Hand-Up Hop-With knees slightly bent and hands on hips, step forward with left
foot and lift right knee to hip level as you hop straight up on left leg and extend your arms overhead, then land with feet together, hands on hips. Do 20 reps, alternating sides.
6. Discus Throw-Extend arms at shoulder level, lunge to the right with right leg.
Rotate torso to right, quickly shift weight to left leg, bend knee and push off left foot to hop up as you turn to left and swing your right arm across body, (like throwing a discus), do 10 reps then switch sides and repeat 10 reps.
After a week or two, if you feel comfortable, you can move up to the advanced workout. If you have been doing your routine twice a week, you should start noticing some tightening in the belly muscles and if you have be faithful to your belly workout you should also notice it in your, butt, legs and arms, as well.
For the advanced routine, the start position is slightly different for each one.
7. Jump Lunge-With feet about hip width apart and knees slightly bent, extend arms slightly overhead and lunge forward with left leg, bending both knees 90 degrees, then jump straight up, switching legs in midair so that you land in a lunge with the right leg in front, do 12 reps, alternating sides.
8. Squat Jump-With feet shoulder width, knees slightly bent and hands by your side, squat, keeping knees behind toes, then jump up, lifting arms overhead, lower arms to sides, do 12 reps.
9. Hammer Hoist-Feet slightly more than shoulder width, hands clasped together in front of thighs, squat keeping knees behind toes, and reach arms slightly back between legs, then jump straight up, bringing arms overhead, (like hoisting a heavy mallet). Land in starting position and do 12 reps.
Once you have perfected this routine and feel your muscles tightening, you can repeat the routines as desired, or mix and match the parts of the different routines. The main thing is to keep a regular routing at least once, maybe twice a week.
You can do most of these while watching a regular TV show. With these 9 great exercises to beat belly fat you will find that there is no interference in your normal daily activities and you will get the flat tummy youve always wanted.