Whatever the product or service you offer on your website; there are probably hundreds of thousands or millions other websites which a potential online customer can go to. It takes a lot of hard work to get the visitors to your website in the first instance; now that some prospects have visited your website, you have a very high chance of converting them into your online customers. It is very important for you not to lose them to your competitor.
How can you retain your leads and prospects, and ensure that they buy from you and not from your competition?
· A friendly, professional and easy-to-navigate website is a necessity. You must ensure that you have a friendly website; and make it easy for your customers to navigate. Have you ever visited a website which is simply confusing? You do not know what is being sold, or there are so many things on offer on that website and it is all very confusing? Well, you must avoid having such a website because it will make you lose your online customers. A customer-friendly and clearly laid-out website is a definite way of retaining your online customers. The prospect may really want to buy from you, but if your website is not easy to navigate and takes a lot of time for the prospect to find what they want; they will leave. Time is of essence for online customers. Have a 'Frequently Asked Questions' on your website to explain more about your website or the product / service that you offer.
· Your website must be full of BENEFITS. This is another necessity if you want to convert your prospects into online customers. Everyone appreciates something for free. Offer free tips, information, 'stuff' or anything else related to what your website offers. It helps to make a your website a 'one-stop-shop' where the prospects or online customer can get more information about the topic related to your products and services - so make sure you have a lot of free information, tips and articles on your website. It is important to have some valuable benefits which your online customers would really appreciate getting if they bought from you. Be creative and make sure that you have some valuable free offers to your online customers.
· Easy, free and speedy communication. Your website is your 'shop' that operates 24/7. You will need to make it easy for your prospects and online customers to contact you. You must have many contact alternatives on your website; namely email address, toll free fax or telephone number - whatever you see suitable for you and your business. Allow prospects or online customers to contact you by email, and it helps to hyper link your email address so that they do not have to type it in. You must check your emails on a regular basis and respond to any queries as soon as you can.
· Keep in touch. This ties in with the above aspect, but focuses more on proactively staying in contact with your prospects and online customers. Offer a free e-course or e-zine subscription on your website so that you keep in touch with your website's visitors. This will help you create trust and build a relationship with your prospects, and soon they will be your online customers. Having a 'list' is a definite way of making money online as you can make regular offers to them. After every sale, follow up with the customer and see if they are satisfied with their purchase. Retain their email on your list and offer them any services or products you may have in the future.
· Go that 'extra mile' for your customers and be nice. This is a critical factor which is often underestimated in its importance. Always be ready to help, answer any questions or offer some advice. Be polite to your customers. Show them that you really care about them.
By simply following the above recommendations, you can be sure to convert your prospects into online customers and also keep them away from your competition.
Jeff Casmer is an internet marketing consultant with career sales over $25,000,000. His "Top Ranked" Earn Money at Home Directory gives you all the information you need to start and prosper with your own Internet Home Based Business.