Linking your internet home business' website to other similar sites is important because it helps in getting search engines find and index your website. Linking to different unique site will advance your web site page ranks and link popularity. Link popularity is a key tool used by search engine algorithms to rank and list website URLs.
What is the benefit of being indexed by search engines? If you can be found on the search engines under your keyword searches, and thus will get free traffic send to your site by the search engines. For your internet home business succeed, you will need a lot of traffic.
For you to be indexed by the search engines, and listed high on the list of search engine results displayed to surfers searching for specific keywords, there are certain rules you should follow. Listed below are the key common search engines blunders which you must avoid, and some key steps you must take to ensure success with your internet home business.
· Do not submit your internet home business URL to search engines more than once in one month. If you submit your site to search engines more than one a month, this may be considered as spamming, and you can get your website penalized.
· Do not try to trick search engines. For example, on your internet home business URL, do not repeat keyword phrases next the same keyword phrase in your metatags or page copy. This can be considered as spamming.
· Do not have a home business website with duplicate content. Some internet home businesses that involve affiliate tend to have website with the same content. Have unique content on your website, and you must regularly add fresh content to your website. Having unique, fresh and useful information on your internet home business URL is the best way to get indexed and ranked high by search engines.
· Link your site to high ranking sites that are similar to yours. You can approach owners of similar internet home business sites about having reciprocal links. With reciprocal linking, your get to put their main links on your site and they put your main link on their site. You can do this manually, or if you can afford it, you have purchase a tool that automates this, such as The Link Machine.
· Creating one way links to your site is also very important and potentially more effective than reciprocal links. You can create one-way links to your site by submitting articles that have a link to your website or participate in forums. The more links you have pointing back to your website, the better. These links will be related to your keywords, so that means you will get some traffic that will be good for your internet home business.
· Keep your site simple. Keep your pages on one or two levels of subdirectories. This makes it easy for search engine to reach all levels of your site.
· Be patient! The process of establishing your internet presence, creating links back to your site and links with other similar sites takes time. Search engines do not index your site overnight. There are billions of other web pages that compete with yours.
If you consistently follow the recommended strategies above, your efforts will soon start to pay off as you get index by search engines, and get some traffic send to your site, which will boost your internet home business.
Internet home businesses rely on a good and steady flow of traffic for you to make some sales and earn some profits. Follow the strategies outlined above, and your site will soon get indexed by the search engines.
Jeff Casmer is an internet marketing consultant with career sales over $25,000,000. For more information/articles on Search Engine Strategies and Strategic Linking visit his resource: Strategic Linking.