Ah! Gold, that shiny yellow stuff around which your life in World Of Warcraft revolves. When you have lots of it, you are like a god. When you don't have it, all you can do is feel envious of the filthy rich players. Like in Alcoholics Anonymous, Step 1 is to recognize and accept that there is a problem: In this case, the problem is you don't have gold. Step 2: Figure out the different ways of making gold. Step 3: Take massive action to make fast World Of Warcraft gold.
I'll take it for granted that we've cleared Step 1. Let's talk about Step 2: What are the different ways we can make World Of Warcraft gold quickly?
1. Questing - Any decent MMORPG has quests for you to complete. World Of Warcraft is no exception. Sometimes, there are puzzles to solve. Almost always, there are foes to slay. This is usually the most fun part of the game. There are only 3 things to remember: slay the mobs, pick up the loot, and collect the reward.
2. Farming - No, you don't go out and plant wheat or potatoes in the ground. What you do is go on a nice rambling tour around the country-side, kill the mobs and collect the stuff they leave behind. Try to remember that farmers are bullies. You want to kill lots of mobs to collect lots of stuff. If you meet an enemy that is too strong for you, run away! Bigger bags are better. You get to kill more mobs and collect more loot before you have to go back. And its worth investing in a "donkey" so that you can carry even more bags. This way, you can make fast World Of Warcraft gold.
3. Trading in the Auction House - Luckily, not everything in World Of Warcraft is about fighting. Otherwise, everyone would have to pick some kind of monstrous fighter as their character. Here, even weak players can make gold in WoW. Remember to scope out what the popular stuff are in the Auction House. After that, you need to find out when you can buy the stuff cheap, and when you can sell it high. Due to the activity of Chinese gold farmers, there is usually some kind of pattern.
4. Buying and Selling Rare Recipes - There are rare recipes that you can buy from their vendors, then sell in the Auction House. Here's one to get you started: Zan Shivsproket in Ravenholt Manor (Hillsbrad Foothills) sells Gnomish Cloaking Device schematic for 15s. You should be able to sell it in the AH for 8-10g. You'll need to do some research to find out other recipes and vendors.
5. Mining - "Gold, gold, gold, gold, gold, gold" sing the "dwarves" of (Disk)World Of Warcraft. Pick up the mining profession, find out where there is some valuable mineral like copper or platinum, then go dig it out of the ground. Don't forget your big bags and donkeys. Once your bags are full, go back and sell your stuff for more World Of Warcraft gold.
6. Gathering Herbs - This is similar to mining. You get the herbalism profession, then go out and collect herbs. The ending is more of the same: make more gold.
7. Fishing - this used to be effective in the past. But things come, and go, and come and go again. Who knows when fishing may become useful again? Just something for you to keep in mind.
8. Crafting - Rule of thumb is that it is a waste of time. But there are some experts who claim that at level 40 and above, you CAN make fast World Of Warcraft gold by picking up a crafting profession which is related to your gathering profession. For example, herbalism and alchemy is supposed to go well together. Just something for you to remember if you get bored of 2 gathering professions.
9. The Trade channel - Always keep an eye or ear open on the trade channel. You never know when someone puts up something at a cheap discount. This is a good time to strike a deal and sell it for high profits at the Auction House. You may ask why these players don't sell their valuable items at the Auction House themselves? Sometimes, they need the gold fast and can't afford to wait for the auction to complete.
Now you know 9 different ways to make fast World Of Warcraft gold. It's time for Step 3: Get off your behind and start making gold!