Lavender is popular for being one of the most versatile flowers in the world. These flowers not just look and smell beautiful, but they are used for a multitude of purposes as well. Lavender features several purple florets with long and narrow stems. Here are some interesting facts revealed by a North St Paul florist that you need to know about the flower:
Lavender is said to have originated from the Mediterranean region, Russia, and the Arabian Peninsula. They are cultivated on a large scale in parts of Australia, Europe, and the United States. These flowers are commonly found in landscapes and gardens, and are also used for culinary purposes and for extracting essential oils. According to the North St Paul florist, Lavender is also effective in treating anxiety, improving mood and appetite, and resolving gastrointestinal problems.
Symbolism of Lavender:
Lavender flowers represent grace, purity, silence, and calmness. The color of the flower, which is usually purple, also symbolizes royalty, luxury, and elegance.
- There are nearly 25 to 30 species of Lavender in existence.
- Lavender is extremely popular in the perfume industry as its unique fragrance is found to be a combination of 180 different constituents.
- Lavender comes in different colors including pink, green, white, and yellow.
- The florist in North St Paul reveals that Lavender leaves are used to make lavender tea. The tea is found to be effective in getting relief from insomnia. Consuming this tea before bedtime will help reduce anxiety, stress, and depression.
- The essential oils made from Lavender have medicinal properties and a great aroma. Frequent use of lavender oil helps control blood sugar, reduces headache, and heals small cuts and burns.
- Lavender lotion is great for moisturization of skin, and it comes with the pleasant, comforting aroma of the flower.
- As mentioned earlier, Lavender is used in various culinary recipes. The sweet flavor and graceful appearance make the flower a great addition to dishes and salads. Also try the Lavender cocktails that are favored by cocktail lovers for their deliciousness.
Besides the versatile use of lavender flowers, they are a popular choice of gifting as well. The strong, yet soothing fragrance of this flower, combined with its striking appearance will make anyone’s day. Include Lavender in a floral arrangement or a bouquet and offer it to someone who matters a lot to you. Get in touch with an online florist in North St Paul to purchase fresh Lavender today.