Alstroemeria is famed for its unique appearance featuring upside down leaves and bright colored flowers. This striking bloom is usually considered as a good luck gift and has symbolisms surrounding the concepts of devotions and friendship. They are also known as Peruvian Lily. Even though lilies have varied interpretations in different cultures, they usually represent purity and grace.
The flower was discovered by Swedish botanist Baron Von Alströmer in the 18th century. The flower became popular over time in flower shops in Fort Smith AR owing to their multiple colors and longer life as a cut flower.
Here are some of the interesting facts about Alstroemeria:
- The stem of the plant grows in the upside down direction, and there’s no proper explanation for the same.
- The stem could grow as much as 3 feet in length.
- The seeds of Alstroemeria could take anywhere from few weeks to a year to germinate.
Alstroemeria is a great choice for gifting. According to Fort Smith florists, they have a good vase life of 7 to 14 days, and when combined with other flowers, they make for a stunning floral arrangement.
Alstroemeria is a popular flower in weddings too. The flower is great for filling out pedestal arrangements, however florists recommend avoiding it for hand-tied arrangements, as they’re somewhat fragile. Wedding florists from leading flower shops in Fort Smith AR recommend the flower for wedding arrangements due to its availability in various colors and its longer life.
Care Tips for Alstroemeria:
Here are some of the useful care tips to get the most from the flower:
- Cut the stems of the flowers at an angle or under water, and make sure to remove any leaves that might be present under the waterline in the vase. Removing leaves will facilitate water flow from the stem to the flower head.
- Always fill the vase with clean and cool water. Adding flower food before placing the flower in the vase will be helpful.
- Remember to replace the water every 3 to 4 days. Give the stems a new cut, too.
- Place the flowers in a cool area where there’s no sunlight exposure. Do not place any fruit close to the flower. Direct sunlight and ripening fruits will lead to faster decay of the cut flower.
This gorgeous flower is ideal for almost any occasion. Get in touch with a service offering flower delivery in Fort Smith AR for more information, or to purchase a floral arrangement.