Everybody is living a busy life in today's world. After long hours of hectic work, people look for solace in the comfort of their home and nothing makes a home more comfortable than a well-chosen, soft or hard (depending on the need), spacious, stylish and well-maintained bed.
There are many different types of bed styles, some of them being Platform, Sleigh, Day Bed, Bunk Bed, Storage Bed, Four Poster, Canopy, etc. Each of these suits different needs which vary according to customers. It is necessary for a customer to research properly before purchasing the bed.
Let us bring you some of the excellent tips to consider before buying platform beds or storage beds. This will help you choose from the best beds on sale in Pune.
• Size of The Room – Before buying a bed, measure accurately, the size of the room. There are many bed sizes available in the market, according to the room size. A bed too big will eat up all the space in your room making it feel cramped. If you have a smaller room consider buying a bed with storage to create some extra storage space. If your room size is large you could still benefit with a storage bed as it could serve as convenient space to store extra linen and other bed-related accessories.
• The material of the bed – Material out of which your bed is made has a huge impact on the look, feel and the strength of your bed. Naturally occurring material is always a better choice than a synthetic one as they look better are stronger and also closer to nature. Solid wood is the best choice as a material for platform beds. When you buy storage bed in solid wood you can rest assured it will give you several years of loyal service.
• Built Quality of the bed- In addition to the material used to make your storage bed, you should also pay attention to the built quality of the platform. When you choose a bed with a wooden platform, check whether mortise-and-Tenon joinery system is used which is durable. This ensures that your storage bed will not give in with frequent use.
• Check if your bed is Toxin-free- You should also make sure that toxic glues and chemical are not used in building your storage bed. Your bed is going to be your go-to place, and you wouldn't want to be touching and breathing in toxins!
• Design of storage bed– There are several designs easily available on the market. Some have storage under the mattress. A notch allows you to lift the plank under the mattress to stow things. If you are willing to pay a bit more you get storage bed with hydraulic system. Another good option is a storage bed with drawers or a trundle that is relatively easy to open and close.
• Personal Style – Last but not least, your personal style plays an important role in your purchase. You can choose from a wide variety of designs of storage beds that include contemporary, reclaimed wood, intricate headboard, or bed on wheels.
Take into account the tips mentioned above, and you are sure to have a piece of furniture that blends into your décor and serves great utility too.
Author Bio –
Akshay works as an Interior Designer with Lalco Interiors and he is in love with his job. Thinking up interesting home decor ideas and helping clients implement them is what makes him tick. You can catch up with Akshay and his team and indulge in one of their beautiful home decor pieces for your home at Lalco Interior - Furniture Stores In Pune