No doubt, writing articles works effectively in the promotion of websites, online businesses, products and services. But sometimes writers wonder why their articles do not generate the traffic they need or do not work at its best.
What they fail to realize and understand is that there are ways of making things right and there are ways too that make it all go wrong.
As writers, you ought to clear your mind about really writing for the website because differences lie on the purposes you have. Writing literary pieces, technical papers, scripts, PR, speeches and other writing formats have certainly different goals and objectives.
Try to review the reasons why you write articles for the web.
ï Develop link popularity through the resource box you attached at the bottom of your article. This way you will attract visitors to your sites especially if you have content-rich articles.
ï Engage in targeted advertising so you can direct your most wanted visitors to your site. The visitors you like in your site are those who will be automatically interested in what products or services you offer so they will buy or get the services. Do not be swayed to send your articles to almost all publishers. Just choose those interested or sites that complements your site to avoid unnecessary work.
ï As mentioned, writing articles is the most effective way of promoting websites. So, the most obvious reason is to increase visitors and generate profit from sales.
ï And if you are targeting sales, you would want your investments limited to just time and effort you can spend without money involved and it is out of the question in writing articles because this is free advertising.
Love for writing is one compelling reason that any writer possess why he or she continues writing even if as a website writer who writes primarily to promote. So now you have everything straightened out and you are still willing to continue to do it, here are some guidelines to help you through your job.
1. The first thing that a writer should do is to research on his topic. If you are a budding writer, you can start where your passion lies. Topics you are highly interested to discuss and explain are very good training grounds for you to practice.
2. Next thing to do is to gather your thoughts and form an outline. This is only a temporary guide for you to start your way to the article. If you choose to change some of the subheadings or related topics you include in your outline, you may do so. An outline is just there to give you direction.
3. For sure headings and subheadings will be formed in your article to describe the topic you have. Like an outline, you are allowed to change them anytime during the course of your writing.
4. A catchy, attention grabbing introductory paragraph is essential so that readers will automatically be interested to read on. If they found it interesting, their eyes will never leave your article till the end.
5. If your article is a how-to article, you are required to explain the problem and offer clear-cut solutions, you are required to expand and explain each solution too.
6. Good conclusions too will enable you to summarize all the main points you discuss in the article, the benefits and key reminders. This will give your article a swift, natural close.
7. In every article you finish, be sure not to forget the resource box. Fill those box with 5-7 lines which will include your name, contact details, brief description of yourself and business and do not forget the link.
8. Proofread, trim and revise your article more than once if necessary. Publishers do not accept articles laden with errors, grammatically or typographically. If you need to sleep on it then check it the next day, do it.
9. Because your purpose is to generate visitors to your site, you have to make people know that you exist and this is through your articles. Submit articles to article directories, online and ezine publishers.
These easy steps will guide your way to write website articles. But here are some additional tips you can apply too.
ï Write simple articles without the jargons and technical words so that your readers will readily understand but remember to make it appealing.
ï Build your keywords several times through your article.
ï After publishers published your articles, practice human acts of kindness by sending them thank you notes. This will also help you build long term relationships with contacts.
ï Plan out your article submission every two weeks.
Follow all these and you are ready to go in your website writing profession. Goodluck!
Daegan Smith is an Expert Internet Network Marketer. "Learn How To
Make $10,717 In Less Than a Week While Quickly And Easily EXPLODING
Your Network Marketing Organization Without EVER Buying a Single
Lead?" http://www.internetmlmsuccess.com mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org