We give you top reasons to visit the Annapurna Circuit Trek
The Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake is the most mesmerizing, splendid, adventurous and diversified trek in Nepal. One of the most popular treks, it allows one to experience breathtakingly beautiful sceneries, diverse ecosystems, different landscapes and Hindu and Buddhist culture. There are several reasons for the popularity of the Annapurna Trek among the trekkers. Whether you love the local food, local culture, ease of the trek or the decent accommodation, you will get multiple reasons to trek this one.
Besides the several attractions, the travelers also get to visit the Tilicho Lake. It is located at an elevation of 4919m and is recognized as the highest lake in the world. The other major attractions of the Annapurna Trek include the Annapurna at 8097m, Dhaulagiri at 8167m, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu, and Tukuche among the other high peaks in the Annapurna region.
Statistics of the Annapurna Circuit Trek
• Located in: Central Nepal
• Total distance of the trek: It varies from 170km to 230km depending on the route that one takes up.
• The number of days required for the trek: Between 16 to 20 days
• Highest point in the entire trek: The Thorong La Pass that is 5416m or 17,769 ft.
• The height of the Annapurna 1 main: 8091m, it is the highest mountain in the Annapurna massif.
Why Annapurna Circuit Trek is worth a visit?
1. You must trek the Annapurna circuit for some incredible scenery. ‘The never seen before’ becomes an absolute truth on this breathtaking terrain. From lush green paddy fields, to different terrains and ecosystems, from beautiful landscapes to sceneries and from visiting the world’s biggest mountain pass to the highest lake in the world, there is nothing else that one can ask for!
2. While any trek will require you to have standard fitness, trekking the Annapurna Circuit Trek does not require a marathon fitness which is indispensable in other treks such as the Everest Base Camp Treks.
3. The guesthouses and the teahouses are easily available on the entire trek and they are pretty decent too, so accommodation is never a problem right from the beginning to the end of the trek.
4. You can hike the Annapurna Trek all by yourself or just with a close friend. It is not necessary to be a part of an organized travel group to trek the popular Annapurna Circuit.
5. The Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake covers all the climatic zones so you can be sure that you will enjoy the 4 different seasons in one trek. From the balmy temperatures in the preliminary days to brutally cold winds in the latter, you can enjoy them all.
6. The Annapurna trek is an affordable trek when it comes to the cost. If you are travelling in a group, remember that all your expenses are covered except the day to day meals and the respective tips.
7. Travelling all these kilometers up, you might think finding good food will be a treat but that’s not true at all. The food available here is not just varied but it will also surprise your taste buds forever. From soups, seasonal veggies, momos, the mandatory Dal Bhat to the unexpected Yak Burger, you will get everything here at the Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake!
It is for a reason that this one forms one of the most popular treks across the world. It is only here that you get to experience a unique blend of culture and nature. The side trip of the famous Tilicho Lake is only a Tiara that sits high on the trek and completes it in a sense.