The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is worth your time and money!
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek also popularly called the ABC Trek is almost always found in the bucket list of all the trekkers for the simple reason that it is a short trek and the one that is moderate in difficulty. There is nothing that you will not find on the trail of this trek, from cascading waterfalls to hot springs, from flaura and fauna of the region to the high peaks like Machhapuchhre, Hiunchuli, Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range, you get it all in a single package.
If figures are to be believed, the Annapurna Base Camp Trek along with the Annapurna Circuit attracts almost seventy percent of the trekkers visiting Nepal.
If all this does not sound convincing enough, we give you top five reasons why you must visit the Annapurna base Camp Trek!
Why Annapurna Base Camp Trek is worth your time and money
1. One of the prime USP of the Annapurna Base Camp trek is that it is a moderately easy trek when compared to others in the likes of the Everest Base Camp Trek. Since the trails are almost flatlands, high altitude sickness is almost negligible too.
2. The Annapurna Base Camp trek has an easy accessibility from Kathmandu which makes it an ideal choice for all the trekkers. The trek starts from Pokhara which is about 5 to 6 hours from the capital city, Kathmandu.
3. The ABC Trek is called the Annapurna Sanctuary trek as the trail of the trek is a protected area. The sanctuary is actually a plateau that is oval in shape located at an altitude of 4000m. The unique terrain protects the Flaura and Fauna of the region and maintains an eco system.
4. The ABC Trek is also worth your time and money for all the beautiful sceneries and breathtakingly spectacular landscapes. The mountain peaks such as the Nilgiri and the Machhapuchhre are a sight in itself and are visible right from the beginning of trek (from Pokhara). The sunrise over the Poon Hill is an experience you will not forget in your lifetime!
5. The final destination of the trek, i.e. the Annapurna Base Camp itself is worth a visit. The snow covered peas, the bold and black rocks and an unexplainable calm all around, it is worth all the pains that one takes to reach the base camp.
Besides all the above reasons, you get a chance to experience the local ethnic culture of the place. Gurung and Magar are the popular cultures you will experience closely when visiting the small villages or settlements that fall on the trail. Visiting all these cultures and traditions is bound to take you to another world totally
Things to remember when booking the Annapurna Base Camp Trek
When booking the Annapurna Base Camp Trek look for travel agents who promise:
• To guarantee you with the best price, i.e. offers the most competitive prices for the trek.
• To provide heavy discounts on the entire Annapurna Base Camp Trek Cost.
• That all the activities on the trek are certified by Adventure nation
• Most of these agents also have travel gurus who provide expert advice on the adventures while on the trek.
• There are many companies that offer corporate discounts as well.
• To provide the imperative reviews of their trekkers.
• To offer all the safety measures to the trekkers while on the trail.
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek cost also includes adventure travel insurance. The services include the assistance of medical helicopters for evacuation and emergency.