Marble has historically been the leading stone when it comes to durability and beauty. Recently however, marble has been getting a bad rap. The rise in other more durable stones such as quartzite’s, dolomites and granites with similar features of beauty have pushed marble to the bottom of the pecking order. It is important to remember however, marble has been used as far back as the ancient romans and those building have well and truly stood the test of time.
Marble is often called a soft stone when compared to other natural stones such as granite and quartzite. But this comparison often scares people away thinking it’s not suitable. One of the reasons it is considered a soft stone is because it does etch due to the calcite in the stone, and can scratch. Marble is not a weak stone; its counterparts in granite and quartzite are just tougher.
Marble is often only believed to have one redeeming factor and that is its aesthetic look, but at Avant Stone, a leading marble supplier in Sydney has more than one use. Avant Stone keeps a large range of marble slabs in Sydney, due to reasons such as the following:
1. Marble is an incredibly durable stone. Buildings and statues made out of the stone date back to ancient Rome, and still stand today. Your indoor kitchen top is going to be fine.
2. Marble does not conduct or hold heat. This makes it the perfect stone to use in warmer climates to help keep cool. This also makes it perfect for cooking and baking.
3. When people think marble, they immediately think white marble such as Calacatta and Carrara. Marble comes in a variety of colours however that can appeal to even the pickiest of people, such as blue, green, pink, red and combinations of them all.
4. Marble is not as outrageous as you might believe. Yes there are some stones which can be very expensive, even to the packer family. There are however marble slabs that are affordable in most people’s budgets.
5. Marble does age like any natural product, however like any natural material that ages, it ages with character and with family memories. Like a wooden dinner table, marble is unique and will create memories that will fill your home and space.
Avant Stone is a leading granite, quartzite and marble slab supplier in Sydney. Founded in 2017, Avant Stone has been changing the perceptions of architects and design influencers on what is possible with natural stone, along with a myriad of new age products such as porcelain tiles and porcelain slabs.