When switching from the legacy analog systems to advanced IP technology, many facilities face several issues. IP solutions have become a mainstay of the security industry in the last decade. The manufacturing of legacy technologies has become scarce due to which IP migration is inevitable for the enterprises. The path to migration should be specific to the requirements of the entity. The expenses and labor hours are spread over time if they choose step by step migration.
The companies need the latest equipment to ensure a smooth transition to this technology. Here are two best options that you can trust on:
1. Managed Long Reach Ethernet over Coax Switch
When looking for managed solutions that deliver robust, enterprise-level, and fast ethernet and PoE+, you should prefer a product that enables powerful LAN that complies with the standard practices of the security industry. The Ethernet Extended Reach Switch is fast and easy to use. It can transform Coax to IP paths using the prolonged reach and high-power capabilities. This device can also support the requirements of bandwidth in the security systems along with additional installations like IPTV, surveillance devices, and video cameras.
The Benefits of Using Coax-Leveraged Ethernet Extended Reach Switch:
These products are designed to ensure fast, efficient, and affordable migration to IP technology. It can be used for leveraging the existing infrastructure to integrate an IP path. Also, it can facilitate multisite migration using a deployment methodology that is predictable, repeatable, and accessible.
With the help of this 24 port POE managed switch, you can eliminate the risks and costs entailed in the process of infrastructure replacement. It can reduce the deployment timelines and create secure IP platforms that are easy to configure and manage. The total cost of ownership or TCO is significantly lower when compared to other methodologies.
The Features of Coax-Leveraged Ethernet Extended Reach:
A Coax to IP migration switch should be enabled with robust features that can resolve the migration challenges quickly within the expected deadlines. Find a product that delivers an excellent combination of speed, power, and reach. Some important features include:
- They can deliver 100 Mbps of speed with reach of 2000 feet for PoE over Coax. It supports the high bandwidth devices and applications with reliability.
- The energy efficiency of these switches makes them a viable choice for the industry. They consume power less than 20W. There are additional capabilities for load balancing, auto-sensing, power sharing, and DC/ AC options.
- These devices can be managed with a simplified Plug and Play option. They can work in transparent mode for deployment of Plug and Play into a fully-managed switch. This switch has specific features to meet the challenging demands of the security industry.
- The intuitive management GUI and remote access make them a powerful tool for IP migration.
2. Unmanaged Long Reach Ethernet over Coax PoE Switch
Also called Ethernet over Coax switch, it is a powerful device and an unmanaged 10-port long reach solution for enterprise-level migration. It provides an extended connectivity which is 6 times the distance covered by the typical switches. Using this device, the entities can enable a separate LAN that adheres to the proven methodologies and practices of the industry. It can change Coax infrastructure into IP paths using a substantial power inbuilt into this system.
The Benefits of Using Ethernet over Coax Switches:
These devices are designed to minimize the time and costs entailed in the migration processes. Using them, you can leverage the existing infrastructure and integrate an IP path into them. They also enable multisite migration for security companies having various locations under their surveillance. The results are scalable and predictable.
The Unmanaged technology used in Ethernet over Coax switches reduces the costs and risks of replacing an existing infrastructure. They minimize the timelines for planning and deployment. Most importantly, they help in creating powerful platforms for IP migration with easy configuration and deployment capabilities. With a PoE powered switch, you can leverage the expandability of the full IP network and add additional network cameras or other IP devices that include access control units and network speakers. These devices can fit any existing encoder chassis for easy migration.
The Features of Ethernet over Coax Switches:
For fast and reliable solutions to IP migration challenges, these switches offer multiple features and advanced specifications. They are built with more power and reach to enable enterprise-grade migration as well. The main features of these switches include the following:
- At the speed of 100 Mbps, this device delivers substantial power over the distance of 2000 feet for supporting the bandwidth-intensive equipment like IP cameras with ease.
- They are preconfigured with an advanced and industry-leading technology for faster deployment within the minimum timeframe.
- These devices are made with Plug and Play option to support multiple endpoints. They can connect up to 4 IEEE-compliant devices to a single Coax cabling.
- The power consumption of the switch is extremely low at 3.8W with 165W of external power supply.
IP technology has revolutionized the security industry with improved performance and technical capabilities. With the help of these devices, you can simplify the migration from legacy analog systems to IP solutions.
The author of this article has wide knowledge and skills in Analog and Digital circuit design, power electronics, interface, magnetic circuit design, poe over coax and numerical analysis. His unique approach allows him to address the challenges during all phases of product development from concept to manufacturing. Visit http://www.nvtphybridge.com/ for more information.