"Postgraduate degrees have become almost compulsory for a successful career. However, these courses are difficult to finance, as the fees may be much higher than most graduate degrees. This is why scholarships can come in very handy if you decide to pursue a pricy postgraduate degree.
Most people are unaware of the intricacies of scholarships for postgraduate students in India. Here is a look at the eligibility criteria, documentation and application process that you need to follow if you want to apply for a PG scholarship .
The eligibility may differ from one scholarship to the next. So, you need to check the requirements prior to the application. However, as the scholarship is for postgraduate studies, students will need to have a graduation degree from a recognized university in India. Apart from the educational qualifications, most postgraduate scholarships will also have a minimum and maximum age for the application.
2. Documentation required
Here are the documents required for a postgraduate scholarship application:
• Photocopy of a passport, which is valid for at least 6 months after the application procedure. In case of scholarship for postgraduate students in India , any kind of photo ID will suffice.
• Copies of all education degrees are required. You should also carry pass certificates, which state that you cleared all of your prior courses.
• A statement of around 400 words explaining why you are looking for the scholarship and also what your future goals are, is an essential documentation
• Letter of recommendation from your college teacher/professors are also required when you are looking for a PG scholarship in India.
• Curriculum Vitae or a resume should detail all your academics as well as any work experience that you may have. This will give the scholarship provider a better knowledge your aspirations and capabilities.
• Some scholarships will also require you to provide medical details and a note from the doctor stating that you are medically fit.
3. Application process
Applying for a postgraduate scholarship is simple. You need to be aware of the requirements and criteria before applying for the scholarship. Ensure that you match with the criteria and fill up the application form for the scholarship. Submit the filled out form along with the documentation required. This step wise procedure can aid you in applying for the scholarship and also in its approval.
Rajat Kumar has an engineer’s degree and believes that scholarships play a major role in helping one fulfil the dream of studying abroad. He is now a lecturer in one of the top engineering colleges and loves to educate students on the importance of graduation and the documents, eligibility and procedure for scholarship application.