There are many places in India that don't have 24x7 electricity supply. The people at these places either use generators or inverter to fulfill their electricity needs. However, most families prefer to have inverter as they are cheap and do not create noise like generators. Not just in rural areas but inverter are also used in cities as backup. And, like every other appliances inverter maintenance is also necessary and, specially, the battery requires special care as it is the most valuable component of the inverter system. Here are some very useful maintenance tips for inverter battery.
- Use a well ventilated area for inverter installation. Since inverter get heated up during charging and operation, it is important to have an open space to reduce the heat. An airy place will also help in reducing the frequent water topping requirement.
- Once installed, use inverter on a regular basis even if the power cut doesn't occur. Discharge the battery completely once in a month and then recharge it. It will help in increasing the overall life of the inverter battery.
- Ensure the water level in the battery should always be maintained between minimum and maximum water limits. Do not use tap water to top up the battery, as it contains excess minerals and impurities, which affect the life and performance of the battery instead use distilled water.
- Ensure that the battery terminals and outer surface should be clean and dry. Use cotton cloth to clean the dirt and brushes to remove the excess acids on the battery terminals.
- Keep the battery terminals corrosion free and rust free. If the terminals get corroded pour hot water with baking soda solution on the corrosive area or use a tooth brush for cleaning. This will remove the rust and corrosion. Apply petroleum jelly on the terminals and nuts and bolts to keep them rust free. Rusting is quite harmful for any battery, as it reduces the flow of current and results in slow battery charging.
- Ensure that the vents around battery are dust free and open. Blocked vents lead to hydrogen gas accumulation, which may lead to bursting of battery.
- Replace your battery immediately if it is dead or damaged as it can cause damage to your inverter as well as household appliances.
Letscompare.in (vserve) is India's Best platform to compare all inverter Batteries Prices and verious Features. For more details, PleaseVisit here