Car batteries are one of the most important parts of the vehicle. It can be thought as the heart of the car, as it is responsible for the functioning of headlamps, horn, power window, music & stereo, and other electronic devices. Imagine how unpleasant it would be when you rush to work and your car battery dies. This can happen when we fail to properly maintain the battery and the condition of the battery erodes over time until it completely fails. However there are many myths regarding to such battery failures. Here are some common myths among people -
- Storing the battery on concrete pavement will discharge it – Many people think that placing the battery on concrete pavement will reduce its performance which is not true. Since, the batteries are securely sealed in plastic containers now, there will be no unintended leakage.
- Driving a car will fully recharge its battery under any circumstances – Well that's not fully true. Although the battery is charged when the car moves but it requires hours of driving to get it fully charged.
- On cold days, ignite the headlights to “warm up” the battery before starting the engine – You can actually warm up a battery by increasing consumption, but it will never be sufficient to ease starting the engine.
- A higher capacity battery will damage the car – The applications in the car will only use as much of the capacity as they need. A higher capacity doesn't do harm.
- Once formed, the car battery cannot change its polarity – When completely unloaded, a car battery can reverse its polarity during the initial recharge.
Car batteries do not loose power during storage – Any battery loose power during storage. It is normal for a car battery to discharge at a rate of 1-25% per month.
- Defective batteries won't affect loading or starting – A weak or defective battery can affect the charging and the starting. If you replace the battery, alternator, voltage regulator or power, make sure all components are in good conditions.
It is important to take care of these points and avoid any myths regarding to car batteries. Car batteries need maintenance timely and when not, they can have a shorter life and might suddenly die on you.
Lets Compare provides free delivery and installation of Car Battery in just 4 Hours. For more information PleaseVisit here