Pursuing a higher education offers plenty of opportunities especially when you get to specialise in an academic speciality. But while India offers plenty of opportunities, the academic prospects abroad are far more beneficial, especially for those seeking a career beyond one’s country.
But such education ventures will require ample financial investment. There are plenty of financial options that can assist in this requirement. You can save you earnings and invest in your education. However, by investing your whole savings, you risk having insufficient funds for any other financial emergency. Furthermore, opting for an education loan will put you in a position where you will need to repay back the funds as soon as your education course is over.
Either of these options will put enormous financial pressure on you. Consequently, you will end up focusing on the means to repay back the borrowed funds, rather than focusing on your education and enhancing your skills. However, there is an alternate source of funding that you can opt for, without any caveats attached. This is where the scholarship for PG students will assist you.
Plenty of institutes have recognised students with immense talent and skills and encouraged them to pursue further studies in order to maximise their potential. In order to fund their further education, they provide postgraduate scholarships for selected individuals. In order to avail of this funding, an application must be made to the Institute. A filled application form must be submitted along with registration fee. Furthermore, a set of documents must be submitted along with the application process. Once the institute reviews the application form and approves it, the application proceeds to the next round; where the second set of documents must be provided.
Here is the list of documents that needs to be provided when submitting the application for scholarship for PG students:
• Academic mark sheets: The mark sheets of 10th, 12th and any other undergraduate programmes and degree certificates must be provided.
• Score cards of any qualifying exam: If you have taken any qualifying examination, such as the GRE, GMAT, CAT or GATE amongst the many others, you need to provide proof of it.
• Admission letter: As a part of the postgraduate scholarships, you need to provide a copy of the admission letter or letters from the university.
• Reference letters must be provided in a sealed envelope
• Statement of the course fee: You would need to provide a statement of the course fee or any other financial document. This would also include any other proof indicating the receipt of a scholarship, an alternate source of funding or fee waiver.
• Attested copy of the passport
• Passport size photographs
• Latest income tax returns of applicant’s parents.
Rajat Kumar is a professor in one of the top educational institutes in India. His love for books, tea, and travel is what keeps him going. He likes to write online blogs about various academic updates. In this article, he talks about the postgraduate scholarships. In this article, he covers the topics for documents requirements for a scholarship for PG students.